DANDRIDGE'S MILL, OXFORDSHIRE
This Oxfordshire Grade II brick-built building was originally constructed as a silk mill in 1820. It housed the making of wings for Mosquito fighter-bombers during the Second World War.
The property was derelict, having been abandoned after the war, and developers had plans to convert the building into four apartments. The ground floor, however, was badly affected by rising dampness.
We recommended a Type C cavity drain membrane solution to both walls and floor resulting in a continuous linked membrane system. This will remain fully reversible if required to be removed in future.
The water race now houses an Archimedean Screw which generates more than enough electricity to power the full development. Dandridge’s Mill is one of the first Grade II Listed buildings to be self-sufficient and has won a national award for best technical innovation, read more about it here.
To book a survey or if you have a question which needs our help please complete the following form or call 01491 577 560.